Tuesday 12 October 2010

Review, tuna (39p)


Ive been feelin a bit jumpy as I hadn’t written this review up yet and I meant to do it ages ago after everyone was so nice about my review of gravy.

But I have to go and catch the bus in a bit to pick up Baby Candice Junior off the foster carer she has been with since when I left her up the hospital yesterday. Aww bless her, anyway the foster carer loves her to bits so she won’t mind another half an hour or so, lol. And she wanted to watch hollyoaks. I hope u wont be too worried about me and baby Candice jr - I can sky Plus hollyoaks, but I do need to beack in time for don’t forget the lyrix.
I would of written this up today but Orlando and Destiny went and spewed, they ate all my Rustlers burgers while me and jamal were up the hospital having my ass seen to (makes a change lol) but thing is they never bloody cooked them. And to top it all yesterday Destinys teacher rang as she had been bunking off (Destiny not her teacher lol) and they’d found her in the kentukcy. I know she has been dying to get back in there since she had that incident with the toilet brush but one lot of campalobacter in the one day is enough for anyone.  So Ive sent her out for some fags while I write this up, hope she doesn’t shit herself again on the way back. There are only so many gussets a mummy can turn inside out.
Talking of gussets, better get back to the tuna, LOL.
My review is of Netto tuna. I like Netto because Fergie, the Princess of Wales, shops there. I saw her on the telly, she was kind (and not half as fat as she used to be but still a bit mad) and went to netto for this family and told them not to be such fat bastards. After six weeks they were still fat bastards but they had some nice clothes and they had their hair done so their faces didn’t look so fat. The woman had hairy legs though, but at least they weren’t grey like the ones on jamals back.
I also wanted to write about this tuna as its a bit special and is 1p dearer than the asda (chavsda lol) version. You have to push the boat out sometimes, don’t you. I saved the penny in our jar for when me granddad comes round, hes saving for some vigara, what with me nan being “away.”
My first impressiions of the tuna was that it had a blue tin. When you opened it it was a brown colour with some black bits in and it smelled like jamals fingers but not as bad as his ring.*
The thing is with tins you never no wot youll find,  me mate Gemmas auntie opened some tomatos once and they were all wrapped in condoms but then once I found a dead spider in destinys ready brek so its not just tins. I hope Im not poisoned by the tuna as you can get a disease and die from tuna, next time jamal can try it.
The tuna tasted ok I suppose and not like I was going to be pioisoned lol, I put loads of vinegar on and mashed up a pickled egg in it after I nicked them from the chippy.  I gave some to the kids with a broken jammy dodger for their pudding, it was a nice meal and Id give it 4 stars out of 5.  (It lost one cos of the smell.) Ive saved some for tomorrow too, so it is good value, serving three of us and the cat twice. I didn’t give any to jamal, I think he had his fill at number 9.
 (*Um, the one he dropped down the drain the other week, careless bastard, bet his hands were slippy from number 9. ) 



Ingredients: tuna (fish) water salt
Allergy advice: fish

13 comments:

  1. "Talking of gussets, better get back to the tuna" .... priceless!

    Glad you clarified the ring situ, else Jamal would need to get his arse up the hospital too!

    broken biscuits - reminds may of my mispent youth, but they were called disco biscuits back the!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps that comment is aka lolas mum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Candice, you can certainly make one tin go a long way.
    What I want to know is why am I not on your blog list ???? Too posh for you am I ????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, i was thinking the same ... think she thinks she's all that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm and after I shared your blog on FB you haven't got me on your blog roll either! I look forward to reading more reviews etc from you - keep up the good work ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm not on her blog roll either! I think it's a conspiracy. And I don't think that tuna was worth the extra 1p - but don't say I said so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, hope you don't mind me making a suggestion? People do like to see the 'end result' when blogging a recipe. I would have loved to see a photo of your finished meal. I did like how you staged your ingredient with the 'eat me' headline of your magazine - great prop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Cara, a photo of the finished reciepe would be great, or perhaps a step by step guide with photos so we can follow it easily and make our own too. Although I'm not sure we get pickled eggs in Lapland, we can get pickled reindeer testicles, do you think that would work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the recipe, I'm going to try it just without the tuna and the pickled egg. Oh and the vinegar, and I'm not too keen on jammy dodgers. Great recipe though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jamal had his fill at Number 9 did he? You can always tell when a man's been gobbling someone else's tuna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How on earth did you nick the pickled egg from the chippy, our local chippy always had them in a massive jar at the back of the shop, you would have needed some serious distration tactics to lift 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Serious you eat tuna??

    Skank.

    Put me on the blogroll biatch or those midnight visits with rizla for Jamal are history. innit.

    Braaaaaap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I'm with Bored in Catalunya,
    How the hell did you nick the pickled egg? You are proper cool.

    ReplyDelete